LUGANO-SINGAPORE, 23 October 2020 – The ESMO Asia Congress 2020, the leading scientific platform in the Asia-Pacific region, will be held as a virtual meeting. (1)
The Scientific Programme will cover sub-group analysis on patients of Asian ethnicity in latest phase III trials, providing evidence of benefit from new therapies in the most prevalent cancer types in the region. (2)
- Latest research in neo-adjuvant immuno-oncology
- New breakthroughs in immuno-oncology in breast cancer
- Molecular stratification of gastrointestinal malignancies, and their therapeutic targeting with smart drugs in immuno-oncology
- Combination of loco-regional and systemic therapies in the control of head and neck cancers
- Insights into the molecular aberrations of thoracic malignancies, the use of biomarkers and their therapeutic modulation
- Keynote lecture on T-cell receptors by Tak W. Mak (Friday, 20 November 2020 – 11:20-11:45 SGT)
Programme details and abstract titles are available online. (3) Please kindly note that session timings are in local Singapore time (SGT).
ESMO welcomes media interested in reporting from the ESMO events and on cancer issues. Only through the official accreditation process with the ESMO Media Registration Form, accredited media representatives will be able to access embargoed material and the Congress webcast. (4)
ESMO Press Office
Notes to Editors
Please make sure to use the official name of the meeting in your reports: ESMO Asia Virtual Congress 2020
Official Hashtag: #ESMOAsia20
(1) ESMO Asia Virtual Congress 2020 https:/
(2) Scientific Programme https:/
(3) Programme details and abstract titles https:/
(4) Media Registration Form https:/
About the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
ESMO is the leading professional organisation for medical oncology. With more than 25,000 members representing oncology professionals from over 160 countries worldwide, ESMO is the society of reference for oncology education and information. ESMO is committed to offer the best care to people with cancer, through fostering integrated cancer care, supporting oncologists in their professional development, and advocating for sustainable cancer care worldwide. http://www.
Disclaimer: AAAS and EurekAlert! are not responsible for the accuracy of news releases posted to EurekAlert! by contributing institutions or for the use of any information through the EurekAlert system.